A Risk Management Plan (RMP) is a document prepared by the owner/operator of a business containing detailed information including, but not limited to:
- Regulated substances held onsite at the business;
- Offsite consequences of an accidental release of a regulated substance;
- The accident history at the business;
- The emergency response program for the business;
- Coordination with local emergency responders;
- Summary of Hazard Review/Process Hazard Analysis;
- Summary of operating procedures;
- Operator’s training information;
- Mechanical integrity information;
- Incident investigation procedures;
- Compliance audits information.
The purpose of the RMP is:
- Provide basic information that may be used by first responders in order to prevent or mitigate impact to public health and safety and to the environment from an accidental release of a regulated substance.
- Satisfy federal and state Community Right-To-Know laws.
- Owner/Operator of a business that has more than a threshold quantity of a regulated substance in a process may have to complete and submit a Risk Management Plan.
If a business has more than a threshold quantity of a regulated substance in a process and the regulated substance and threshold quantity are listed in Title 19 2770.5, Tables 1 or 2, the RMP must be submitted to LAFD CUPA and to the United States Environmental Protection Agency (USEPA).
If a business has more than a threshold quantity of a regulated substance in a process and the regulated substance and threshold quantity are listed in Title 19 2770.5, Table 3, the RMP must be submitted to LAFD CUPA only. The Owner/Operator of a business shall closely coordinate with LAFD CUPA to determine the appropriate level of documentation required for an RMP. The RMP shall be available to the public pursuant to Section 25534.05(a)(4) of the Health and Safety Code.
— Find Your Station
— Fire Safety
— Medical Emergencies
— Evacuation Info
— Disaster Readiness
— Smoking Violation
— Fire Stat LA
— Los Angeles Community Resource Guide for Immigrant Angelenos